R1200/night - Mid Season (1 Sept - 30 Nov)
R1800/night - High Season (1 Dec - 28 Feb)
The historic Stables at Welbeloond was originally constructed in 1785, more than 230 years ago! In keeping with the Mellish Family philosophy, the Manor House and other farm buildings have all been lovingly restored to retain their original character. The original foundations and architectural design remain, in newly refurbished country cottages that offer
Make the most of your stay at The Stables by enjoying features, such as the underfloor heating – the ultimate pleasure, particularly on cool evenings!
What makes The Stables one of the best guest houses in Durbanville?
- Entertainment & Relaxation In Your Cottage – As a guest at The Stables, you can enjoy a full range of satellite television at no extra cost. You also have braai/barbeque facilities at your disposal for breakfast, lunch & dinner with a view.
- Accessibility – Considering that Welbeloond is a mere 30 minutes from Cape Town’s city center, you’ll have easy access from everything to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, to local markets and Bloubergstrand (the closest beach – approximately 15 minutes away). However, you’ll find that Welbeloond is secluded enough to offer you a breakaway and country experience for the duration of your stay if you prefer it.
- Facilities – The Stables is a fully furnished, self-catering accommodation with under-floor heating and every utensil and comfort you will need. For more information, view our cottage features on the right-hand side of this page.
In The Kitchen
All cutlery, crockery, cooking & eating utensils are provided. as well as a microwave and 4-plate hob for easy meal making.
Bedroom & Bathroom
Your fully fitted bedroom is comfortable and homely, with a hairdryer and en-suite bathroom, a double-bed (chosen for comfort!) and a separate bath and shower.
Satellite television is available at no extra charge, for resting and entertainment in the cottage. There is also a secure safe for your valuables. This also makes the Old Bull Pen the perfect place to visit in the winter months!
En-suite Bedrooms (Double Beds)
Cleaning of Rooms on Request at Additional Charge
Enjoy a range of activities when you choose The Stables at Welbeloond:
- Mountain Biking – Start your day with a ride along the Rural Mountain Bike Trail, the perfect journey for beginners and endurance riders alike. Take in the scenery as you meander through a range of stunning Durbanville Farms. You can even opt to stop along the way for wine tastings and special events.
- Golfing – The Milnerton Golf Course and Atlantic Beach Golf Estate are both in close proximity if you’re keen for a day on the greens.
- Horse Riding – Experienced riders have the opportunity to enjoy our horse trails, which weave through the vineyards.
- Hiking – Nature-lovers can enjoy a leisurely stroll, or a hike, through Welbeloond’s Private Nature Reserve – offering a memorable and exclusive experience in a protected area.
Happy Clients & visitors
” Exceeding expectations – The photos do not do the location justice and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The owners are gracious and considerate and the accommodation luxurious and affordable. We spent a nice quiet family weekend away from home, and the fireplace was a definite winner. Lots of room for little ones to run around as well as a jungle gym and some animals to look at. Firewood is provided and was dry and of good quality. All in all, a great place to stay. “
” Wonderful, quiet respite from noise and people – We discovered Welbeloond through the Durbanville Hills Restaurant website and gave them a try for a last-minute (same night) booking after dinner. What a delightful surprise! We stayed in the Old Bull Pen which has been thoroughly rehabbed into a terrific self-catering cottage. Thatch roof, separate bedroom w/ king bed, en suite bathroom with fabulous shower and giant soaking tub, cute lounge with comfy couches and satellite TV, and a fireplace (we were there in summer so didn’t use that). The kitchenette has a bar fridge, microwave, small oven and 2 burner stovetop, and nice table and chairs. It was more than comfortable! Two horses tend to meander on the property – and one was obsessed with seeing its reflection in a nearby window. All added to the charm of the place. If we’re in that area again, we’ll definitely try to book there again. Was a real treat!”